Monday, June 23, 2014

Smooth Sailing?



We are finally on the big boat!  Even though I was terrified of flying I can happily report that I was well behaved on the ride over. (Shout out to Dr Abshire!  

So far I have no complaints about the flight to ship experience. We did have to walk from one end of SeaTac airport to the other in order to meet with the rest of the folks who were set to sail with.   It might have been nice if, instead of checking our names off a list, they might 
Have had a porter available to take our from the baggage claim carousel instead of making us lug them for about a mile or so.  After being awake since 4:00am and being a ball of anxiety for about5 hours the last thing I wanted to do was run an obstacle course while pulling a 55lb bag. Wheels or no wheels that was tough!

Once we arrives at the port it was really smoothe sailing (Pardon the pun).  The whole registration/boarding process took less than 20 minutes. 

Our room is fabulous!  Getting the aft balcony was definitely the way to go!
 
The view from the deck of our balcony. 
What a sight!

Supper last night was out of this world good. One of the smaller restaurants had prime rib. It was delicious and was so tender it could b cut with a fork. 
Before
After!  Grump ate some of mine too so don't judge just because my plate is empty!  I did get to stop by Carlo's bakery for a late night pastry fix. I donteven feel that guilty bout it because grump helped me to eat a bunch of that too. And the best part is the bake shop is open 24/7 and there are a whole lot of other things to try.  Sorry no photo of the pastry cause we scarfed it down pretty quick,

Breakfast this morning was great but I did learn that I don't like smoked salmon in my eggs Benedict. Our waiter was named Marty n he was super nice!  Grump enjoyed his omelet and tasted my salmon and he didn't like the salmon either. 

After breakfast we walked most of the ship. It's pretty much rolling today.  Thankfully my dots are working. Unfortunately Grump has not found his sea legs yet. I applied one of my dots behind his ear n he is reporting no symptoms of nausea. He did, however, sleep all the way through the glacier presentation.  

Waiting for the next little presentation it feels like swinging in a Hammock, Grump is sound asleep and the boat is rocking to the point that I can hear people squealing "Weeeee" just like that talking pig on tv that sells the auto insurance.  I am so thankful for scopolamine patches!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment