Sunday, June 1, 2014

Shame ON ME!!!

Happy Summer Y'all!!!!

So, I am sitting here enjoying a lazy Sunday and decide that I will go check out some blogs.  I always go to my daughter's blog Becauseofbeckham+Blogger  first because that is always the one that I want to read first and I notice that she has not blogged since April 20!  I think..... "Shame on her cause I know that there have been lots of things going on since then".  Then I take a peek at my own blog and it seems that I have not written a word since April 18.  Oops!  Shame on me too!!

Anyway, I have no excuses... well I have some, but they are not very good so I will just say "sorry" and move on!

I made a conscious decision before the end of 2013 that I would work on repairing some of the frayed edges within my own family.  I think it's safe to say that I have done well with that resolution.  I can happily report that even though summer vacation is only beginning Johnnie and I have had countless opportunities to spend some quality time with family from all over the place.

Daddy's 75th birthday was really nice.  The weather was perfect and it was a great day to be with family and friends.  I think everyone had a nice time.  I know we sure did!



Next up was a much welcomed visit from our family from Texas.  That was really special since we'd been trying to get them to come and see us since we first moved here!  Again, the weather was fabulous and we got to have some fun on the boat and even a crawfish boil!  Johnnie and I had been saying that we  thought that our new outdoor entertainment space would be the perfect place for a party and boy was it! 

We also got to participate in a real first for Johnnie (AKA Papa).  He went to his first dance recital.  That was a blast!!!  Our Laci-Beth was FABULOUS!!!!!  Perhaps she got her dancing skills from Papa, Hmmmm?

We also got to be the location for our sweet Baylee's birthday party!  She wanted to swim and ride in the boat and that's exactly what she got! I am so glad that we are finally at the point in our renovation that we can have company come over and enjoy our place.  We absolutely love living here and are so thankful that our friends and family can enjoy the lake with us!!


We had plans to have another couple over this weekend, but the weather didn't want to cooperate.  The good news is that we didn't actually cancel, just put it off for a little bit.  Hopefully the weather will stabilize a little bit and we can try again in July!  This also gave us a little chance to catch our breath until the next round of celebrations.

And there's still a bunch of fun to be had!

Next weekend I will get to go and spend some more quality family time.  A couple of cousins and I have been planning a girl's get together at my aunt and uncle's camp.  I was already looking forward to seeing everyone and getting to have a little girl time, but we are getting an added bonus!  My grandfather's sister is coming from Florida and I think she is bringing her daughter with her!  I don't think I've seen them in about 5 years or more.  I am really looking forward to a low key, relaxing weekend with the girls!!!

Summer school will kick off in a couple of weeks as well.  I'm teaching summer classes for some of my little ones.  I am blessed to be working with some great ladies and looking forward to seeing some of the little ones during the summer.  It's only 2 1/2 days a week so it won't even really feel like work!

Johnnie and I also have a few trips planned for the summer.  First a little weekend in Lafayette with some good friends.  Good food, drinks and a little scooter riding and swimming are gonna be some GREAT summer fun!

I am still on the countdown til our 10th anniversary.  Only 19 days until our BIG summer trip!  A drive to Dallas, flight to Seattle and then an 8 day cruise to ALASKA!!!  I am so excited about this trip I can hardly stand it!  I know I was excited about last years vacation up the east coast but this year I am even MORE excited!  I didn't think that was even possible!  I can't wait to post photos.  I probably won't blog along the way because I plan on being really busy enjoying the sights, activities and our anniversary, but I will definitely share the experience when I get back!


1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. this was a very fun wonderful read. Your mom would say "It was the best , the absolute besteses." I'd say it's safe to say you aren't the one, but you are doing a darn good job at enjoying life with family and freinds. My mom said she had a really good time and was glad she went.

    ReplyDelete