Sunday, July 14, 2013

Unexpected Blog Today!

Hmmm..... Boy can plans change sometimes!  First, I was not planning on blogging today and was even planning, in my mind, that my next blog would be to celebrate my sweet Beckham's first birthday. Yep, those were the plans that I had in my head...... I keep thinking about that old saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what your plans are!"

Anyway, I am thinking that God had other plans for me today, and here is why:

Katie and I had planned to meet up at church in Shreveport this morning.  That has kind of been a weekend thing for us and we both enjoy getting together whenever we can.  Summer's been so busy and we've both been going in a zillion different directions and so meeting up has been a problem.  I looked forward to being with them today and honestly was a little sad, at first, when it didn't work out.

So then I had a couple of options.  I considered staying home, and then I thought about driving to West Monroe to go to church with some family.  Then, at the last possible minute I reached out to a girlfriend that I teach with and decided to meet her for church.  I should have felt really rushed since I was hurrying trying to make it in time for Sunday School, but that wasn't the case.  I knew I was headed to where I was supposed to be going and that made me happy!

Further proof that I was right where I was supposed to be came with the lesson that was shared by a visiting preacher.  He didn't know me, but it felt like he was speaking directly to me.  I LOVE IT WHEN GOD TALKS TO ME LIKE THAT!!! Sometimes I just need a little reminder and I am thankful that today I got it!
He talked about how Christians compartmentalize their lives.  I know I am guilty of that!  Then he brought up one's personal relationship with God.  He was right when he pointed out how our relationship with God should be personal, but not PRIVATE!  I think that's where I have had it wrong for a while.  I would say, "God and me are good!"  God and me are good, but I don't think he wants me to avoid building church/family relationships.

So I guess that's what I need to work on. As much as I enjoy attending Simple Church in Shreveport, I don't know how realistic it is to think that I could be as active as I ought to be if the body of Christians I worship with are so far away.  I know myself!  It's easy to attend sporadically when the body I worship with is so far away.  So now it's on me to be an active Christian and not rest on my laurels.

Soooooo I got the message LOUD AND CLEAR!!!    I will be working on my personal (not private) relationship with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment