Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Monday!

The house is calm & cleaned up.  There's nobody here but me.  I've even got clean linens on the bed and the bathroom is clean!  Laundry is going and I even made a point of separating my white and dark clothes the way my mama taught me! (She'd die if she knew I didn't always do my laundry that way. hehe)  So as I sit here and look around I can see that now is the time to sit down and get some thoughts organized and blogged about!

I don't know if other teachers are like this, but I am finding that it is at about this point of every summer break that I find myself wanting to nest a little and get things organized for the upcoming school year.  We still have about four weeks left, but I know that Fall will be here before we know it!

Last week was full of love and laughter!  My dear friend Rita came to spend a few days with us in the early part of the week.  We laughed, cooked, ate, fished and had a wonderful time!  We brainstormed about some projects (I will share more when we really get things started!).  I know that her heart is still aching and I don't know that I will ever be able to make that stop for her, but at least we can laugh together in between the tears!  She told me that she felt totally comfortable with Johnnie and me and that made me VERY happy! My mother had a gift for being a gracious hostess and it's something that I have always hoped that I picked up from her!

I know that all relationships involve a bit of work.  First you have to make the decision to invest in a friendship at all, but once the choice is made, the rewards that come from it are such blessings!  I love her and she loves Johnnie and me and that makes me glad!

Love and kindness are both action words!  I think that they are both a type of habit as well.  They don't cost much, if anything, but their rewards are endless.  It's sad, but I know people who, for whatever reason, don't understand that.  I've gone over and over it in my head, and tried to think about what might cause a person not to be kind or loving, and in the end I can't help but think I am over-analyzing a bunch of nonsense, or bad manners, or poor home training!

I am lucky, no I am BLESSED that I am in a marriage where my husband values kindness and love as much as I do.  Not just in our relationship, but in the way that he treats others (with the exception of criminals!).  We talked about it quite a bit this weekend.  We were discussing people's relationships and our observations of how some people treat one another.  I don't think we were being hypercritical either, because we both witnessed some situations where men and women were simply unkind to one another.  These are people who took marriage vows to love each other until they were separated by death!  So it got me to thinking, when did those feelings change and what brought it on?  Is it something that happens all of the sudden, or over a period of time?  Could it have been fixed? Could it still be fixed?  Who knows!

It made me sad that those kinds of relationships even exist.  Life is hard enough when your home and relationship is in a happy place.  I have lived in situations when mine was not and I wouldn't wish those feelings on my worst enemy!  I don't proclaim to be some kind of relationship expert, and I would never try to fix somebody else's world, but I can't help it.... it makes me sad to see it!  I have thought that I wish that I had the courage to address it, but then I wonder if it's even any of my business.  I just know that it is REALLY hard to watch!  I guess, in the end, it's their choice to behave that way.  I am just glad that's not the life that I live!

In other news, my sweet Beckham had his first birthday party.  His mommy did the best job of planning and organizing things.  She's is really good at that kind of thing, better than I ever thought about being!  His daddy came home, just in time, and made it a Mickey's Clubhouse Extravaganza!!!  I know they were both worn out after putting in so much work.  Even though my sweet baby won't likely remember it, we do have some great memories and wonderful photos and videos to remind us all!  I had been anxious about some potential weird situations, and I am thankful that I was worried for nothing.  I am going to work on, and pray that the things I worry about will work themselves out without drama or hurt feelings.  I am going to focus on loving that little baby boy and not waste a minute of my time or energy on nonsense!

I know I have gushed about this before, but I am just so thankful that my angel has such good parents.  He is surrounded by people who genuinely love him.  He is CRAZY about his daddy and I know he feels the same.  It does my heart good to see his mommy and daddy working together for him.

It's hard to believe that he's been with us for a year already.  He is growing an learning so much every day.  His little personality is really coming out now.  He is busy, happy, healthy, smart, sweet & inquisitive.  I never imagined such a blessing!

So my other goals for this week include keeping in this nesting mode I have going.  I guess that means I will work on organizing closets & classrooms & lesson plans so I will be ready to hit the ground running in August!  The other goal is to get back to church!  I missed Sunday because we had other plans.  I just really need to put Church on the plan weekly and let everything else fall in place around that!
Here comes the photo bomb!

Have a blessed week!







No comments:

Post a Comment