Saturday, May 18, 2013

Time To Breathe

Whew!  This semester, and perhaps my graduate school career is officially OVER (at least for a while)!  The best thing I can say about it is that I am extremely glad that it is done!  Now I can get on with living my life, since I kinda put it on hold about 7 1/2 years ago to restart my academic career!

NOW... I get to plan a life that doesn't revolve around research and assignments.  Maybe one day I will get bored (having so much time on my hands) but for now I will just enjoy the down time!  Now I get to concentrate my time on just being with, and loving my family!  I have a wonderful husband and a daughter, son-in-law and grandson that I am absolutely over the moon for!

I know that I am blessed to have a husband who I am crazy about and who loves me just the way I am!   Our nearly 9 year marriage has truly been an adventure.  I can honestly say that there have been more great days than struggles!  Again, I thank God for such a blessing!
My mama told me that she thought we were the "original" odd couple and I think she was right!

My husband Johnnie shares my wanderlust!  Some have even called us Gypsy's.  That always makes me laugh a little, but it is also pretty fitting. He built us the coolest little toy-hauler travel trailer and we love to take off with it every chance we get.  We've got a really big trip planned this summer.  We will head out in 5 days and I can NOT wait!  I plan on sharing my stories from the road so stay tuned!

https://www.facebook.com/acghough

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I agree with Mamaw but y'all are perfect for each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete