Thursday, May 23, 2013

AWAY WE GO!!!

Well, the day has finally arrived!  Summer vacation is HERE!!!  Teachers had to work half a day today, and Johnnie has to work until 6:00pm, but as soon as he gets home we are OUTA HERE!!!

We have been planning a mega-vacation for about a year and a half now.  We always have some kind of trip or another in the works, but this one might just turn out to be epic!  We will be traveling north-east all the way to Niagara Falls, New York and back again.  We have several really cool stops along the way.  I am so excited about this trip that I can hardly stand it!

I love that my husband shares my love of travel and that he understands the need for not just down time, but real vacations.  He understands the correlation between working hard and playing hard and I am truly thankful for that!

I do believe that I am just as excited to be able to spend some alone time with my husband as I am about all the places we will go.  He has worked SOOOO hard this past year.  Between building a camper that suited our needs to completely remodeling our house, he truly has NOT stopped to take a break!  Oh, and did I mention that he is a police officer?  I have never met another human with the kind of work ethic that he has.  He is truly an honorable man and a wonderful husband.

I plan on blogging from the road and hopefully uploading some photos of our adventure.  I can't wait to see where the road leads us!

No comments:

Post a Comment