Saturday, March 1, 2014

This and That

Well it's been a while since I have sat down and blogged.  So many fun and exciting things have been happening in my world.  The month of February has really been a fun one this year.  I got o see and spend time with a number of people who I love very much!  I was reminded of how things were when I was growing up and I can honestly say that I really needed and appreciated the memories.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I think I am ready for Spring to get here and STAY here for a while.  That's weird coming from me because I usually really love Fall/Winter.  Maybe my change in attitude has to do with some other changes that are going on in my world. 

Johnnie has finally entered into his semi-retirement.  The only real change that I can see is that he is now working in the house full time instead of a police car.  He's trying to get our remodel completed and I am really excited about it.  I got to thinking the other day about how I don't know if I have ever had a real "grown up" house.  You know the kind where the furniture matches and there is some color scheme or theme in play. 

We've lived a kind of Gypsy life for a while.  For a few years we lived in a Class A motorhome while we tried to find out where our place in the world would be.  It was an adventure for sure.  About 3 years ago we traded in wheels for roots.  We bought our place on the lake.  It was definitely a diamond in the rough, but it's really starting to shine like a diamond now!  As I type this my sweet husband is steadily working at the other end of the house.  He has remodeled the kitchen and made it really nice and super functional!  He installed beautiful French doors in the bedroom so that we can look out over the lake right from our bed.  It's so nice to go to sleep watching the water.  Because of the way that our house if built it almost feels like we live in a tree house. 

We are finally to the point in the remodel where we are choosing color schemes and the style of furnishings we want to have in our home.  It's taken a while to get here, but it's so exciting!!!  I can't wait to share the photos!

I'm also still working on getting healthy.  I am still not smoking.  I have not had a cigarette since August and I have not had a diet Coke in almost a year.  I've really been trying to work on getting healthy.  I think that getting healthy may be an ongoing thing and I am really trying to stick with it. 

I am still trying to diet and be mindful of what I am eating.  I have to be honest and say that some days are better than others.  I have added morning smoothies to my diet starting this past week.  What I can say about smoothies is so far so good.  I like the fact that they are portable.  They are also a good way for me to have some kind of breakfast since I was never really a breakfast kind of person.  I'm hoping that my doctor was right about how eating something within an hour of waking up will help speed metabolism. 

The smoothies I make have fruit and leafy greens and almond milk.  They are really pretty yummy.  I have even bought some frozen smoothie stuff that has chocolate and cookie dough flavors for when I need that little sweet boost.  I can report that I have lost 4 lbs since starting adding the smoothies.  I have a feeling that this may be as slow going as the remodel on my house.  I hope the results are just as beautiful!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment