Sunday, November 10, 2013

Be Thankful

This has really been a pretty ordinary week & I am glad of it!  I always enjoy the weekends that Johnnie and I have off together. I did attend a class on Saturday about nonviolent crisis resolution. It was pretty interesting. It was definitely worth the time!

The countdown is on til Thanksgiving break. We haven't officially made any plans yet so I guess I need to get on that!  All I really want is a low key day with family!  That's what I am most thankful for!  This will b the first thanksgiving that Johnnie will be off for the holiday in years and I am really looking forward to that. I know he looks at it like just another day, but to me the holiday is about family n being together. 

Tomorrow we celebrate Veteran's Day at one of the schools I go to. I am so glad they make a big deal about Veteran's Day because it is a big deal!  This country has produced several generations of people who feel entitled to all our country has to offer.   They seem to care less about the fact that people have fought n died to keep us free!

I could go into a tirade about how I feel about war or this country feeling like it needs to be the conscience ofthe rest of the world, but that would be an exercise in futility n prolly take me all night!  I just wish that people followed one single rule.  If they would simply treat one another as they would like to be treated there would be no need for war or the military. Families wouldn't have to be separated by everything that comes from fighting with others. I can't even imagine how a world like that migt be... Oh, yes I can!  That's what heaven is going to be like!
I am scared to death of he world that my Beckham will inherit one day.   Sometimes u just wish Jesus would come on back for us so we wouldn't have to fret about that any more!  Oh well, there will come a day!

I haven't even begun to think about  my Christmas list yet. Johnnie and I have decided not to go crazy buying gifts for one another. Instead, we have an Alaskan cruise planned for this coming June. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary in Alaska and British Columbia!  I am hoping for a better cruise experience than last time!

I do like this idea about gift buying. It's a 4 gift Christmas. It's where you give something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. I really like the idea and am considering it for my family. I have to say, however, thanks to my friend Cyndi for sharing the idea with me. 

ok makeup November is going well!  I am so thankful to my girlfriends who took the challenge with me!  I was a little scared to do it alone. I am thankful that I have friends who will stand up for their convictions. The funny part about not wearingakeup in the miring is that I thought it would give me all thus extra time in the morning, but it really hasn't.  I don't know how things will be when I go back to wearing it again in December. 

Oh and I am also being more conscious of my blessings during this time of the year. I am 10 days in and so far here's what I have to be thankful for:

1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
2. My sweet husband and the life we     have built together
3. Daylight savings time
4. My coworkers
5. My job
6. My parents
7. My Katie 
8. Social Media
9. My in laws
10. My sweet Beckham

That's a lot to be thankful for, but happily there is so much more to be thankful for all around me!


So anyway that's what is going on in my world. I guess I will wrap up this blog post for now. Monday will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment